Griff has been working as a brick mason for the last year, and he really likes it. He has been able to work on some pretty amazing homes in the Carbon/Emery area. There is really a lot of expansion happening in our neck of the woods! Other than work, he is pretty much a stay-at-home guy. Channel surfing is his favorite activity. :) All joking aside, on the rare occasion that he does get some free time, and the weather is cooperating, he hits the golf course.As for me, I am taking a "well-deserved" summer vacation! I don't think I've really had one since I started working at the age
of fifteen. I graduated on April 23rd from Utah State with my Bachelor's Degree and will start teaching 2nd grade at Creekview Elementary here in Price on August 18th. One of the perks of being a teacher is that I will have summer vacation again! Unfortunately, I have been working for so long now that is has been kind
of a hard adjustment to have so much free time.
of fifteen. I graduated on April 23rd from Utah State with my Bachelor's Degree and will start teaching 2nd grade at Creekview Elementary here in Price on August 18th. One of the perks of being a teacher is that I will have summer vacation again! Unfortunately, I have been working for so long now that is has been kind
of a hard adjustment to have so much free time. Not that hard! I managed to go camping three times, spend a day at Huntington Lake on the wave runners, read the Twilight Series-twice, attend Cub Scout Day camp and two family reunions, and, most importantly, spend some time with my kids. That has been good for all of us because I haven't been able to do enough of that in the last five years. I even penciled in a little bit of time to clean my house.
My Kids are just kids. Tiger will turn nine on August 7th and is heading into the fourth grade. He will be starting at a new school (I moved him when I got hired at Creekview), which makes him nervous. As far as hobbies, he is a typical boy. He enjoys skateboarding and riding his bike, watching Nickelodeon (especially Avatar), reading fantasy books, and playing with cousins and friends, among other things.
Derek is sooo. . . very 2! His favorite thing to do is boss his older brother around! I don't know if I'm going to survive it. He is a big tease! I can't imagine where he gets that from (he he). He lives in his own little world and isn't too concerned with others around him--unless Emma (Heidi's youngest) is in the picture. They are the best of friends and the worst of enemies! Mostly, they are just two!



4 comments:
Congrats on your graduation!! That's so exciting. Your kids are way cute. You have such a cute family!
Kerstina you should be very proud of yourself from graduating college and landing your fist teaching job! Your going to be a very good teacher! Your boys are soo cute! They both have such cute personalities! If we make it to Price again before the weather turns I'd bet Cody would love to hit the golf course with Griff!;)
P.S. In case you were wondering what Derek is sitting next to in that last picture--It is his birthday cake! Heidi has become quite talented. She had an idea to do a Jungle Book cake and it turned out awesome! Kudos to Heidi.
Great picture of Derek and Emma. Congratulations on graduating and your new job. Wow, that was a cake?! Very good Heidi! Can you come to my parties?
Post a Comment