Sunday, August 31, 2008

True Blue BYU! Generation Two!



When Griff was a little boy, his parents used to buy BYU season tickets almost every year. Being the football lover that he is, he has remained a true blue BYU fan all of these years. Since we have been married, we have gone to a couple games and it is fun to listen to him reminisce about games he attended, championships he watched, and all of the awesome quarterbacks that made it professionally. It is funny to go to the games with him because he is so passionate about "his" teams. It cracks me up when he starts cussing at the team (yes, he has been known to drop the f-bomb) and all of the people (who are only capable of mustering up a really loud "darn-it") all turn and look at us with bug eyes and white faces. At any rate, he loves football and he loves BYU and it is something fun that we can do together.

Well, my father in law decided that this year he would upgrade his season tickets from two passes to four, so that more of us could attend. Yesterday Griff took Tiger to his first real football game! They went up with Grandpa Griff, Uncle Chris, and Cadance and apparently had a really great day!

Tiger's Reaction:
MOM: What was your favorite thing about the football game?
TIGER: The claws dad bought me.

MOM: What else did dad buy you?
TIGER: Well, the claws are for me and Derek. He bought me a hat, a football, some nachos, some ice cream shots, Frazzle, popcorn, and Grandpa bought me a t-shirt.

MOM: Did you eat anything besides junk food?
TIGER: I had some water.

MOM: Did you watch the game?
TIGER: Ya! I actually did. It wasn't like when we go to football games here and we have to sit on the grass and I just run off and play with Ryan. The game was really cool. Only whenever they scored a touchdown I couldn't see it because everyone would stand up and cheer.

MOM: Did you and Cadence get bored during the game?
TIGER: No, not at all. Cadence was like obsessed with Cosmo, you know that cougar. And she would cheer every time he came around. She watched for him the whole game. I just played with the claws. I would like hold them up and wave them around and stuff. There was this one guy who got mad and threw his and one of the football players picked it up. I wanted to do the same thing and get an autograph.

MOM: Did they win?
TIGER: They KILLED them. The score was 41 to 17. We left early because they were winning so much. Well, it was only like five minutes early. Me and dad wanted to play catch by the car while we waited for everyone else to come. Oh guess what happened when we were walking out to the car. You know that like box thing outside of the stadium? (I actually had no idea what he was talking about here, but I nodded anyway) When we were walking past it we heard this like really loud POP and dad thought it was fireworks or something but when he looked up, there were sparks flying everywhere.

MOM? What was going on?
TIGER: Well, dad said that a car must have hit the power lines or something cause they were shaking and stuff and there were sparks flying out of them like two times. Dad grabbed my hand and said "come on" and we started running for the car. It was kind of scary.

MOM: But the game was good huh?
TIGER: Ya, the second inning was kind of boring so me and Cadance just watched Cosmo. (In football they have quarters Tige, innings are in baseball) Oh, yeah. Well in the third quarter, they didn't play very good and they kept fumbling the ball and stuff. We almost lost, but then they did better and won.

MOM: Did dad swear a lot?
TIGER: Only when they did bad stuff that made him mad. He was mostly good.

MOM: Well, did you have a good time then?
TIGER: YES! I can't wait until I can go again next week!

(Unfortunately, next week is an away game! We'll try to get him up there at least one more time before the season is over!)


9 comments:

kelley said...

Way to go Tiger, Grandpa Kerry and I are true blue cougar fans too. If you took your little pocket knife and cut through to one of our veins you'd see we bleed blue blood. By the way we went to Provo yesterday. We didn't go to the game but we had a good time trying to drive in the traffic! Thanks for the including the mom and Tiger conversation!

Kevin and Jennifer Jensen said...

Here is the address for our (Kevin and Jen) blog: http://kevjenjensen.blogspot.com/

Kelsey said...

"yBu" ? GO UTES!!! Sorry guys, not a BYU fan. I love the Utes! That is where I went. At least for a little while. Very fun!

Jessica Jensen said...

How fun for them to go.. I love the whole converstion piece... Isn't just like a kid.

cad said...

Who wants to be a Zoobie? Go Aggies!!! I've got Big Blue runnin' though my veins. No Zoobie blood here. Boy, look at all the rivals in our own family (he, he, he!) Aunt Carol

whitefamily said...

How fun! It sounds like he had a great outing with his Dad! He is a cute lil boy!!

KT said...

I'm with Carol! (If you read this again, you need to send me a link to your blog!) I'm an aggie too. I tried to get Tiger to wear one of my aggie shirts, but Griffie said no. What are you going to do? I do have to say thought that when it comes to football, BYU has you them all beat and you can't deny that!!!

KT said...

whoa, talk about typos. I need to proofread before i post!!!

Anonymous said...

GO COUGARS!!! Lucky you!
Jenn