Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

The last Monday they had the lights up at Temple Square, the Jensen clan decided to pack up and drive in to Salt Lake for a chilly night out in the big city. Personally, I don't think that I have been to Temple Square to see the lights since . . . hmmm, I don't even know when--but I bet that it has been 10 years or more.

Anyway, to the funny part of the story:

This was Tiger and Derek's first trip to Temple Square. We, of course, stopped in the visitors center to see the Christus statue. When we got to the top of the ramp, Derek just froze, leaned on the ropes, and stared up with the most intent and ponderous stare I have ever seen on his face. After a long drawn-out moment he turned to me and said "Mommy, that is a BIG white Jesus!"


After we left the visitor's center, we were heading through the busy sidewalks back to the Lion House for dinner. We turned a corner a little ways past the tabernacle where they have the statue of the restoration of the priesthood and Derek stopped again. He stared up at this statue with wonder, althought not quite as much as he did before, then turned to me again and said "Mommy, that is a big BLACK Jesus!"

Well, at least he knows his colors.

11 comments:

kelley said...

Kids do say the darndest things!

That was a fun trip, thanks for coming.

Nat said...

Ha, ha, ha! That is funny!

I got my background at hipposcraps.com. I don't think I'd recommend it. I lost my blog list when I added it. It took me a few HOURS to hunt down everyone's blogs. My cousin got her background at http://www.knottymoosedesigns.blogspot.com/
They have matching headers for free, and I don't think you lose your widgets.

Nat said...

Just kidding. I got my background at http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/
sorry!

Anonymous said...

At least you know he's not not color blind!

Danny And Tanya said...

That's cute.

kelley said...

Haha, silly little Derek...I will never look at any of those statues the same again.
-Annie

kelley said...

It was OK that Derek came friday, I was tending for Heidi anyway. Annie was home all day and helped out as well. Heidi just volunteered to take him if I felt like I needed another day.

cammie jensen said...

That is so funny! You gotta love kids!

Jens and Patricia said...

That is pretty funny. I can hardly wait for those days!

cad said...

Funny!! Glad you had a fun trip.

Rachel said...

Kids are so funny! The do say funny things, and most of the time the truth!!!!!