Monday, February 2, 2009

Breathing Treatments

Derek has to have breathing treatments again and I thought this would be a good place to store the information since I don't really have to keep track of it here. I can just look it up when I need it. I wanted to track how frequently his asthma was flaring up. Seems like that last time was when he had to stay in the hospital in December.

10 comments:

kayerj said...

how is he doing? Is he feverish tonight?

kelley said...

oops, I was just posting on my other blog under my "assumed" name. We went outside today for Groundhog day to see if we could see our shadows. I took a picture and put it in my groundhog day post on my other blog. It's pretty cute.

janelle said...

Aww, poor little guy! I hope he gets feeling better.... this makes me really sad.

Jessica Jensen said...

We are doing the same thing here with Matthew. We are going to Primary Children's to have more tests ran on him. It's just hard to diagnose asthma that young.

Rachel said...

Oh poor Derek! I bet its hard to see him struggle with that. I hope it goes away!

cad said...

Yep, we go through it with Tera everyday, too. Not a fun thing! Get better Derek.

The Morgans said...

We ended up buying a breathing treatment machine for Kyle. He had to have them so much. It's not very fun, especially when they are in and out of the hospital. It was a struggle for Kyle. He is now 11 and he hasnt had to have a breathing treatment for over a year now. Hopefully Derek will out grow it. Let me know if i can help with anything. I have lots of experience with that kind of stuff.

KT said...

Sounds like a lot of you have or are dealing with the same things. This is our second go round, we did the same thing with Tiger. It is hard to watch them have to struggle so hard!

whitefamily said...

I'm sorry! That's too bad! I hope he gets feeling better! Marshall has had to be on breathing treatments, off and on, since he was a little baby. He is actually sick again and having a hard time breathing today. So, I'm taking him to the doctor today. We have a nebulizor here, so I'm sure they will just have me give him the treatments. It's no fun... So, does Tiger have asthma or did he grow out of it? Marshall is 5 and still has problems, but it's very rare. His biological father has asthma so he my have asthma but the doctor said he's to young too diagnose it as that just yet. I sure hope he grows out of it...
I hope your lil guy gets feeling better!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are dealing with the Asthma in our house right now too. It sucks!