Thursday, July 30, 2009

Still Alive and Kickin'

My Summer Vacation
By Kerstina Thayn

My summer vacation was very fun. Too short, but really tons of fun. I broke the bank with all my vactions and day trips. You can pretty much read about all of those on the blogs of my mom and siblings--so I won't go into too much detail.
Our travels started waaay back in May with an overnight trip to a baseball clinic with the Salt Lake Bees sponsored by Spencer's Wishes . Tiger spent the day learning how play baseball from retired major leagures including hall of fame pitcher, Vaughn Mays. The highlight of the trip was the Bees game that night. The pitcher nearly through a No Hitter. We also got to see Star Trek at the Cinemark and stay overnight in a hotel.
Before school got out for the summer, one of my good friends showed my this very cool little spot on the web called Facebook, so we could keep in touch, since I was changing schools and all. I had not idea what I was getting myself into!

Over Memorial Day we went to see Thomas the Tank Engine at the Heber Creeper and in June we went to Box Elder county. Derek is still talking about the trains. At least once a day, he tells someone "Guess what! We went to seeee THOMas!" Tiger enjoyed the sights that he had researched in his county fair report during last school year. Even though it rained on us nearly the whole time, it was a relaxing vacation and time well spent with the family. If you would like to review the detail of the trips, check out my mom's blog.

Pretty much all I did the rest of the month was play FarmTown on Facebook. Well, I guess Annie got married. That's pretty important. Again, you can read about that on my mom's blog. Her version of the day is probably a lot more upbeat than mine. Derek was a nightmare to deal with because he didn't feel well. He cried pretty much all day. Griff didn't come and Tiger was too busy playing to hang out with his mom, so here is my awesome family picture from that day!

At least I got to wear my super-cute new "weddin' shirt."
But other than that, I just pretty much just played FarmTown. Well, I did go one day to Cub Scout Day Camp. It was freakin' cold and rained all day. We were soaked to the bone, and had to eat a soggy lunch--but I guess it was pretty fun. We left early becasue of the weather, so I probably went home and played FarmTown.
I think that was all from June. Oh, wait--Derek had a birthday. The big 0-3. Guess what his cake was! Yep--Thomas. You can check out those details on Heidi's blog. But I do have a cute pic with him and his cake. The other is Derek hanging out with the most interesting guest at the party--Jessie's Iguana.


July has been a really busy month. We went camping with the Jensen's for the 4th, Huntington Lake a couple of times, Seven Peaks, the Peacock and Bates' family reunions, up to Provo to see Harry Potter and Transformers, (which we also went to see at the midnight showing the day it came out). . . OH, and I bought a new car. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to show you, because I forgot to take my camera with me, so you'll just have to use your imagination.
Anyway, that was pretty much my summer vacation in a nutshell. I hope I remembered everything. Now, I have to go play FarmTown before my crops die. Besides, all of you are probably hanging out at my farm waiting for me quit blogging and come hire you to pick my crops because you're broke and you need a level up. Chill out! I'll be right there!!! Here's a pic of my totally awesome farm.

9 comments:

KT said...

There, now everyone can quit bugging me to update my blog. Check back about christmas time for another update. :)

Rachel said...

You have had a fun summer vacation. You did tons more fun things than we did around here. I especially love the family picture at Annie's wedding. Too funny! I'll def check back at Christmas! :)

kelley said...

I guess you were practicing that writing assingment every teacher gives at the beginning of the school year, "What I did for my summer vacation"

I've got a picture of you playing farm town--I guess I'll have to post it now

janelle said...

Sounds like you've had a happy summer! I can't believe it's almost over. I love your family pic too, it made me laugh!

Mike and Audrey said...

Wow, what an exciting summer! Sounds like you got to play way too much ;)! I hope you had a blast doing it all too.

cad said...

You make me laugh!! I love the "family" picture. Do you really want to pick crops? Come on up and we'll put you to work on the real farm. I'm glad you had fun playing.... and hope you have a profitable harvest!

Heidi said...

Kerstina,
I am so gald that you decided to post on your fabulous summer vacation.
Oh and I just have to make fun of you because you'd do the same for me. It's not through a ball it's threw a ball. Just kidding, you know I love you!
Nice farm by the way. Kevin's looks sad compared to yours.

Danny And Tanya said...

looks like you guys have had alot of fun this summer.
I might have to try that farm game it looks fun.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE THOMAS CAKE. LOOK SLIKE LOTS OF FUN IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. :)