Friday, November 14, 2008

Hubby Tag--Thanks Mal

It took me a while to get to this one, but I couldn't pass it up!


What's your husband's name? Griff

How long have you guys been married? 11 1/2 years--June 14, 1997

How long did you date? I don't know? 2 years or something. I was still in high school when we met. I think we started dating like halfway through my sophmore year.

How old is he? OLD! He'll turn 34 in a couple of weeks. (thanks for reminding me that his birthday is coming up. He hates it when I forget!)

Who eats more sweets? Definately him.

Who said "I love you" first? I really don't know!

Who is taller? Griff 6'2" me 5'6"

Who is the better singer? Definately me. He couldn't carry a tune if it had handles. It's really funny because he just kind of yells the words to his favorite songs. We like to listen to hard rock and Metal at our house though, so it really doensn't matter too much. Anyone can yell along with Metallica.

Who is smarter? Well, 5 years of college better be worth something here, but he would totally say he is smarter. I'm sure his side of the disagreement would sound something like "Book smart doesn't matter, it's common sense that counts and you don't have any of that!" HA HA! He's such a comedian.

Who does the laundry? He does most of the time. I used to do it before I went back to college. Now I just work all the time.

Who pays the bills? Griffie, but I make more money now =)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If this means when you are laying down sleeping then it's me. If your standing at the foot of the bed looking at it, then it's him.

Who mows the lawn? What's a lawn? He weed wacks twice a year and then tills everything up in the fall. Let's just say we aren't going to win any "yard of the month" contests anytime soon!

Who cooks dinner? Wendy's, Taco Time, China Buffet, Little Caesars, Subway, KFC. It's a miracle we don't weigh 500 pounds!

Who drives? Depends on where we are going. Mostly him if we are together.

Who's the first to admit they are wrong? Well it sure as shit ain't me!

Who kissed who first? Griffie--I was too shy.

Who asked out who first? Griffie again, I was too shy. I met him because my friend starting dating his friend (I really don't even know how they met??) and I went down to Melon Days in Green River with her and a bunch of other friends to watch the softball tournaments. The first time I saw him, I thought he was really old--like 40 or something. But it was from a distance and the sun was setting so the bright light made it hard to see. He told me later, after we had been together for quite a while, that when he noticed me there with all of my friends that day, he knew he had to ask me out. It took him a while, probably a month or so later, but he did and now here we are--I've spent nearly half my life with him!

Who wears the pants? No one if he gets his way ;)

I tag- Heidi, Kelsey, Mom, Nat, Rachel, and Makette

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he does that laundrey! That is awesome? Does he sort right? i love the last comment you made about who wears the pants in the family, that is true here also! HA! HA!

The Morgans said...

I didnt know you guys dated that long.. Me and Griff went to school together (yes I'm almost 34 too)He was so quiet. I think we had seminary together in Junior High.

Rachel said...

I have a hard time beieving you were the shy one kerstina!;) I can't believe you have been married 11 1/2 years. Time flies!

Lacey said...

Loved the answers by the way!

As far as the blog thing my sister gave me this link and it gives instructions on how to make a three column layout.

http://weblensblogs.blogspot.com/2006/02/build-three-column-blogger-template.html

It looks a little confusing at first and I don't know much about html code but just keep playing with it. I just played with it for a while and finally figured it out of course I had Josh's help too.

That's strange that the text gets block, I'm sorry I don't know much about that.

The background template I just go to "3 column backgrounds" and use one of those and haven't had problems with text.

Hope the link helps. Let me know if you are having trouble with it.

kelley said...

Looking at the good things helps you appreciate what you have. Griff's a good guy. Thanks for reminding me he has a birthday coming--any ideas for a gift this year? And I think Derek wears the pants in your family and you come in a close second.

kelley said...

I just checked my permissions settings and you still haven't accepted my invitation to view my blog. Did you get it?

Kelsey said...

I didn't know Griff was that much older than you. I just assumed that he was your age. When I read how long you have beeen married I said 'no way' because I have not been married that long yet. Then I remembered I have been married 12 1/2 yrs. Boy times flies. I remember going to your wedding. Oh I have done this tag. I think it was in April or May sometime. Go back and look at older posts.

Heidi said...

You have such a talent for turning everything into a comedy! That was fun to read.
and your mind is in the gutter! but I know you try and pretend your asleep too!