Friday, December 5, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

This college football season was an exciting one for my family. Griff and Tiger were able to go to four of the BYU games and I got to tag along for one. It is always so much fun to go. Cougar fans are some of the most passionate around!

These are pictures from the last home game of the season.


With the coming and going of the season, Tiger has developed quite a fascination with the game of football. He has started watching both pro and college games with Griff whenever they come on. If you know Tiger very well, he is not one to "sit" and watch TV. He watches, but he "plays" whatever happens to be on. So, as they "watch" the games, Tiger runs around mimicking the plays. Soon enough, he has Derek wound up and the two of them are making Superbowl-worthy passes and receptions as they run around my circular house. (It usually ends with me screaming at them to "stop before they break something" and Griff hollering at them to be quiet. That is usually followed by stomping off and the muttering of "you guys never let me do ANYthing, uhh!!!)

Not only do I get to watch this play-action unfold in my living room, I also get a play by play explanation of the actual game by listening to the conversations that take place between "the guys." Tiger is trying to learn the ins and outs of the game, so he is constantly asking questions about what is going on. When his patience holds out, Griff enjoys sharing his wealth of knowlegde with his son.

But, eventually all good things must come to an end. The college season is wrapping up and the NFL is about halfway over. After the superbowl, I guess we'll move on to baseball. GO YANKEES! I guess I'm going to have to hide all the bats!

8 comments:

kelley said...

Poor cougars--hope next year is better. It was fun to watch Tiger get so involved. This summer Tiger taught me hold a football, how to throw it so it would spiral and how to catch it so I wouldn't get hurt and I wouldn't drop it. I've never in all my 49 years had anyone even offer to help me never mind have the patience of job to teach me and then play catch with me. Wha an awesome 9 year old.

Kelsey said...

I love to watch College Football. But I do have to say Utah is my favorite Team. Go Utes!

Heidi said...

Well we watch football at my house but the girls usually complain until we have to go upstairs. Kevin needed a boy to enjoy sports with. And you needed a little girl so you could dress and undress barbie's and play dress up.

Leslie said...

Enjoy the wonderful moments of your boys. They truly are amazing creatures. We have had permanent bases in our very well groomed lawn. Complete with baseball games with ghost runners(runners that take the base when there aren't enough players). Are couch took many hard hits from diving cathces, not to count the many things that have been broken by balls. Jens alway had me throw him balls so he could dive for them. I love their energy, imagination and drive. I miss those days of little ones.

Anonymous said...

Hey you could always catch a cheap flight to Vegas. I hear the cheapest tickets to the game are $28. If there are any left. I was a little sad looking at the pcitures. When we were in Utah we went to a couple of games a year. Now we just get the TV version. Which isn't a whole lot. We love the cougars win or lose!

cad said...

From football to baseball and all those other sports is sure to keep you busy all year long. So don't dispair, Thayne family, there's still much ahead! I never did get into the "sports" world too much. Just the Jazz for a few years when John Stockton, Carl Malone, and ?? (I can't think of his name right now, but I can see him swiping his face right before he shoots a foul shot basket). We went to alot of those games in the Delta Center, which was tons of fun. Oh... Jeff Hornaseck (I knew it would come to me if I thought about it long enough). Well, anyway, have fun in your next adventure! Aunt Carol

Nat said...

That is neat that Griff and Tiger have something they love and can do together.

Clint finally got me hooked on the Jazz. He keeps trying to get me to watch football, but I just don't get it. I know...blasphemy!

kelley said...

Carol--that would be Jeff Hornaceck (sp?)