Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Husband, The Comedian

I have mixed feelings about our new president-elect. I don't know that I like him, but I really don't not-like him either. When it all comes down to it

this country is going to become an OBAMA-NATION!



Do you get it????

9 comments:

kelley said...

LOL! that was funny, did griff come up with that? Thanks for taking dad along on your football outing.

Leslie said...

I agree with you Kerstina. I am anxious to find out how things are going to go. It may be good . who knows. Love the obama-nation.

Kelsey said...

It will be an Obama Nation. Not the good kind. I am so not for him and his policies. He is so left wing and all his views are leaning very towards socialism. Lets face it it is socialism! I got my passion for polilics from my mother. You should watch a Presidential debate w/ her. Lots of fun. But I do hope for all of our sakes that he will make some good decisions.

KT said...

Fortunately for Obama, this country is already an abomination!!!

Like Kelsey said, I just hope he can work with congress to make some good decisions to help us shape things up. I think that with a democratic president AND a democratic congress, we will see a rise in social programs that go hand in hand with democratic politics. Some of those are not bad programs, they just encourage Americans to be lazy. I hope we don't see an increasing unemployment rate!

Honestly though, I'd rather see it going into the welfare systems than big-business-bail-outs! At least it will be helping out people and families in need and not greedy CEOs.

Even the most conservative people have to admit that Obama had an infinately better education plan than McCain. That was the controversial factor for me when deciding who to vote for (Relax-- I did vote for McCain!). Obama proposed to help struggling schools rather than enforce stricter sanctions to shut them down. He also addressed supporting and retaining teachers, increasing federal grant funding for college students, and improving Headstart and Early Headstart programs.

I just really felt that he had a more postive approach to fixing the education system. One thing I am NOT is an advocate for No Child Left Behind.

Anyway, that ended up being a super-long soapbox. All i really wanted to say was that I had to laugh at Griffie. He can be pretty funny!!!

kelley said...

I see your blog list is back

Rachel said...

Ok Cody says I should be a blonde! I had to read it a couple times and last time I read it out loud I got it!! That was funny! I laughed!

Patty said...

I get it, I get it. I had to read it 3 times before I got it. LOL...
We are going to have to keep an eye on Obama, keep him in line. I think he sounds like a dictator when he talks to us.

kelley said...

how many times does a blond laugh at a joke

1 when she hears it
2 when its explained to her
3 when she gets it

Nat said...

Ha ha ha...!